Thursday, July 31, 2014

more pre-birthday moments


For the first time ever, we attempted to babysit with Mila in tow. This is Ivy, who is a week older than Mila.
It went much better than expected!
Here is Austin reading them a story.. they loved it until I tried to take a picture.







Mila LOVES looking out the front window while waiting for her daddy to come home from school.
Thankfully, there are only two days left and then we can enjoy a month until the fall semester starts!




Speaking of the fall semester...
I FINALLY got assigned a literature course!
It was a bit last minute so we were not able to plan our scheduled accordingly.
This means that, for the first time since Mila was born, our schedules overlap.

Daycare is a bit too expensive and not as flexible as we need but I also don't want to inconvenience any of my peers three days a week.

So, we decided to hire a nanny (a babysitter, really, but I think nanny sounds fancier).

We found a girl who is wonderful and fits everything I was looking for:
friendly, responsible, trained, CPR certified, in early education, and flexible with her schedule!

She will be watching Mila in my office on campus but also at our house sometimes so I can get work done.
I can't wait to have some time during the day to write my dissertation!
This is going to be a real life saver!

No comments:

Post a Comment