Wednesday, June 12, 2013

BIG NEWS

We're Engaged!!!!!!

Last week, Austin and I went out to celebrate our anniversary... it was just an awesome day all around: my doctor's appointment went really well, I got permission to fly to San Diego, the baby is healthy, and we got a tentative birthday for our little lady!! Then my students were well-behaved, and then I went out with my main squeeze!

Austin and I went out to dinner at the restaurant we went to on our second date (well, we tried, but they were closed in order to host the planning committee for the 2013 Lentil Festival--- this is small town life) so we went to a favorite restaurant right down the street. We splurged on lamb chops and rib eye. It was so good! Then, we got coffee and tea at the coffee shop where we had our first date. We sat down outside and talked and it was so nice.

Then we went to Lawson Garden, another spot of romantic first-few-date walks and hand holding. We walked around and had really sweet conversation. Finally, Austin said a few really romantic somethings, told me he needed to ask me a question, and then got down on his knee. My words were "No way!!" and then "You know I will!" I was totally surprised! Then I cried and it was absolutely perfect.


Here are some pictures from right before we went out:





I LOVE my ring!! It is rose gold (a personal favorite- especially as it reminds me of women in our family and a necklace that has been passed down for generations that I used to obsess over as a kid) and morganite, which is a peachy-pink emerald.  Here is a pic from the woman who made it:


This is not the best picture, especially as it cut off Austin's head, but we were having such trouble angling the camera that this will just have to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment