Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Week 33


Nando decided that he needed to be held right then.

He can't wait for his baby sister!!!! (he was yawning, but excitement seems more fun)

How far along?  33 weeks and 4 days (3 days in the picture)
Size of Baby? The size of a pineapple! Yum!
Maternity clothes?  Come on.
Sleep: This cough is ruining my life. It keeps me up pretty much all night, and the new joy is the extreme rib pain that happens each time I cough, which I can only assume is a pulled muscle. It is horribly painful and it a major bummer. I think I may have gotten about 7 hours last night, which is a victory!
Best moment this week: I got steroid shots this week to help with Mila's lung development, just in case I have to deliver her before 34 weeks. It was painful and awkward, as I had to get the shots in my BUTT, but Austin and I have a way of laughing through almost everything. She has been moving all over the place lately, which I love. And I am finally inching closer to finishing the nursery, which brings me a lot of joy!
Missing anything:  Life without a cough and rib pain.
Movement: ALL THE TIME. I love watching her swim around like a sea monster below my skin! Honestly, sometimes I still feel like this is not real and they are going to cut me open to reveal a giant burrito or a growth or something. So seeing her move and feeling her just reinforces that a little miss is headed our way very very shortly!
 Food cravings: Not really. Besides melon in the beginning, there really haven't been any cravings. I kinda think it might just be something women think they are supposed to do so they allow themselves to eat/want the foods they wanted anyway.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  I am so tired of tea and cough drops.
Gender: powerhouse woman
Labor Signs: Not at all. My boobs became ODDLY swollen and lumpy last night...but that's about it in terms of bodily changes.
Symptoms:  a bit bloated in the face, a bit swollen in the feet, round as a beach ball... otherwise, I am feeling great, not uncomfortable save for my painful rib.
Belly Button in or out?  FLAT. It has become a sight to see.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy all the time!
Looking forward to: For one, Mila is coming in exactly four weeks from yesterday!!!! INSANE!!!! We are going bowling with friends this weekend-- it has been over two years and I am oddly excited about it! I am the worst bowler ever but LOVE to bowl!! I am also pumped about bowling food...mmm. We have been putting off bowling for months for fear that I would not be able to lift anything, but now feel totally comfortable with where I am in this pregnancy and with the previa. I am so excited!!
 I am also looking forward to finishing the nursery (my friend Courtney is coming over today to help out with the decor a bit as I learned that some crafts are a bit beyond me), not being sick anymore, and enjoying our last 3 weeks and 5 days sans baby!


Austin’s weekly reflection:
Sleep? It's alright, except for someone snoring and coughing. She has been doing better so I have actually gotten sleep for the past two nights!
Best moment of the week? Last night we had dinner with our friends, Amber and Ryan, and they made the best southern meal ever: chicken fried steak, fried okra, mashed potatoes, corn, sweet tea, and then homemade strawberry shortcake for dessert. Mmmm
Food cravings? Indian food, sushi, and dirty Chinese

Looking forward to: Sarah not being sick anymore. I want this lousy cough to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment