Monday, February 4, 2013

Oh...so I'm not just a cow!

Today was very productive and reassuring for this pregnant gal!

1. I applied for and got approved for WIC! Basically, for those of you not in the poor-person-know, the one benefit to making barely any money as a graduate student is that I am qualified to receive government assistance. WIC gives us vouchers for healthy foods every month, offers breast feeding counselors and support groups, and a ton of other awesome resources! This is going to be a tremendous help!

2. I had another exam, now that we are in the 13th week and second trimester(!!!!), and my doctor, after allowing me to listen to the healthy heartbeat again, asked if I had noticed that I had to pee a lot (more than the books say I should) and that I was already showing a little bit. 

Of course I had noticed.

Austin thinks my growing belly is adorable (and a little funny that pants bring so much discomfort) and more and more people are noticing my gigundo boobs. ANYWAY, it turns out, my uterus tilts far forward, so she said that my bladder is being squished more than most people at my stage and that I will show early. 

And I just thought I was a pudgy mess.

Turns out, I have only gained 1.5 pounds in three weeks. 


Also, I sent my mom the link to this blog and, after noticing my definite baby bump said, "Damn those are some big ole boobs! Congratulations on that!" Haha

1 comment:

  1. We are sooo happy for you! you are going to be the best Mom!! looking forward to your mini-u in August can't wait!

    ReplyDelete