Tuesday, February 12, 2013

to birthing gown or not to birthing gown...

Let me explain:

I was watching an episode of Baby Story and the mommy-to-be was bare naked (save a sports bra) squatting all over the place.

Then I watched another couple episodes and, although the positions changed, the nakedness did not. 

This got me to thinking...

Hospital gowns are really uncomfortable. I am guessing that this is why these mama's keep stripping them off and going full on commando.

As shameless as I am, I do not intend to have my naked ass squatting and pushing and rolling all over the place. I mean, I have to maintain some dignity, right?

Anyway, this got me to thinking about labor and delivery gowns. I think I might want to sport one, but there are things to consider:

-washable fabric
-comfortable
-practical for squeezing a human out of myself
-cute for pictures
-offers booby support of some kind
-allows for boobs to be freed when the time comes
-won't be destroyed when a lil naked, steamy, sticky person is placed on my chest (the baby...not Austin, in case you were confused)
-comfortable
-comfortable
-comfortable

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this??

No comments:

Post a Comment