Sunday, February 3, 2013

Week 12



How far along?  12 weeks and 2 days (at time of picture)
Size of Baby? The size of a lime!
Maternity clothes?  No, but I am definitely feeling bloated. Jeggings have become my best friend
Sleep: I am sleeping fine but wake up at least once a night to go to the bathroom… I feel like I have to pee ALL THE TIME
Best moment this week: we finished telling immediate family this week and everyone is super supportive! A couple weeks ago, we got to hear the heartbeat, which was so surreal and strange. Then, that Friday, we got to see an ultrasound. The baby was kicking its little legs, stretching out, getting cozy, and looking so snuggly. It was the most incredible thing I have ever seen… though it felt like we were looking someone else’s baby on TV or something.
Missing anything:  We celebrated the 12th week by, after TONS of research, going out for sushi, which I had been missing like crazy. Obviously, I was very particular about what kind of fish and whether or not it was cooked. A major craving had been satisfied and left me happy all week!
Movement: nope.
Food cravings: sushi (like always), burritos, and watermelon. Not together, though.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  sadly, the idea of eating avocado makes me feel a bit queasy. Also, beef sounds horrifying.
Gender Predictions: Austin thinks it is a girl. I don’t care either way, but I have had only two dreams about this baby and in both, it was a boy.
Labor Signs: NO WAY!
Symptoms:  bloated, crazy cramp in calf, migraines are out of control, random bouts of nausea (literally lasts about 10 minutes and has happened twice in the past week)
Belly Button in or out? In, hopefully it will stay that way.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  I am totally normal most of the time, pretty much everything makes me cry though (commercials, songs, TV shows…)
Looking forward to: getting this blog up and running and telling more of our friends! We are planning a Valentine’s Day announcement!


Austin’s weekly reflection: I am really impatient and want to know what the sex is! I find myself getting emotional at the idea of having a baby, which I never thought would happen to me. In my human development class, we watched a birthing video and I found myself getting teary-eyed, knowing that we would be there in a few months.  I spend a lot of time looking online for baby clothes and toys. I am really excited!!

1 comment:

  1. you are adorable!!! and i love the thought from austin to close out the entry. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete