Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Week 25



How far along?  25 weeks and 4 days
Size of Baby? 13 inches long and 1.5 lbs.... though I have a feeling she is a little bigger than this by the force of her kung-fu kicks and punches
Maternity clothes?  most definitely
Sleep: she has been waking me up at 7am every morning to practice her morning punch and kick routine.
Best moment this week: finishing the semester (my last ever class taken unless I decide to go back for a second doctorate), but also, making it through to week 26 is one of our big landmarks so I am very happy about that. We got a new car this week (a family car that will be much safer) so that is exciting!
Missing anything:  I am missing not having to be paranoid about bleeding at any moment and having to have an emergency c section. I also miss being able to lift things on my own and not having to ask for help.
Movement: we have a definite routine going and she is showing some distinct sass with her kicks
 Food cravings: not really
Anything making you queasy or sick:  the smell of Austin's mildewy towel
Gender: GIRL
Labor Signs: most definitely NOT!!! The goal is 10 more weeks MINIMUM!
Symptoms:  luckily, I am not having any swelling or most of the nasty symptoms I read about in different blogs, sites, and books. My feet definitely get sore if I walk around a lot.
Belly Button in or out?  In, but only just barely... we are basically dealing with a flat bellybutton with a slight indentation
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy! I worry a lot about bleeding again and the cost of the c-section, but otherwise, floating on a happy sea.
Looking forward to: We have established some landmarks, so right now I am looking forward to: a doctor's appointment on Monday, an ultrasound in 2 weeks, and then, that weekend,  road trip to Portland/Vancouver to spend time with Austin's family and have a little baby shower!! We'll discuss the other landmarks as soon as these are passed successfully!


Austin’s weekly reflection:
Sleep? it's been off and on.
Best moment of the week? Buying a car with my baby! Our first big purchase together!
Food cravings? Indian food...some type of curry. (and then he made a weird eating noise)
Looking forward to: summer in Pullman!!!!!!!!!! Roadtripping to Portland (and really hoping there are no issues so Sarah and Mila can come)...

No comments:

Post a Comment