Thursday, May 16, 2013

Week 27



How far along?  27 weeks and 5 days
Size of Baby? over 2 pounds!
Maternity clothes? Oh yes. I admit that I still where some non-maternity shirts but they have to be large in order to fit over this bump
Sleep: pretty crappy. I wake up throughout the night to pee, readjust my body, get kicked, etc.
Best moment this week: Angie gave birth to her daughter on Tuesday!! I was so nervous and anxious all day and then completely overjoyed when I got to see a picture of Cecilia and know that Angie was doing well! It was very weird to think about the reality of my friend (since childhood) becoming a mother and knowing that Mila will be here in 10 weeks (CPP means a c section in week 37, generally). I am so happy for her and the Jer-Bear!
Missing anything:  being able to walk home and not be out of breath and sore from the up-hill hike. I also desperately miss my normally ninja-like agility.
Movement: OH YES. The first kick of the morning is the best, no matter how early, because it is always reassuring to know that she is doing well!
 Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope.
Gender: I am growing a little lady.
Labor Signs: NO WAY.
Symptoms:  migraines, my belly is painfully heavy, sore back, exhausted almost all the time...
Belly Button in or out?  completely flat. Very weird looking.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  happy! I admit to silently snapping about a girl who parked in front of my house and made it so that I would have had to park down the street. But don't worry, pulling up directly behind her and glaring did the trick. Austin maintained friendliness and got her to move.
Looking forward to: we have an ultrasound next week and then an appointment to find out how everything is. I LOVE getting to see her little face and hear her heartbeat! Also, there is always the chance (however slim) that the placenta will move up so we are always hopeful! Unless there is another bleed (which I am working very very hard to prevent) we will be leaving for Portland/Vancouver next Friday to visit Austin's family and have a baby shower!!

I am also super excited to get to talk to Angie once things have settled down a bit and hear all about her experience and what Cecilia is like!!


Austin’s weekly reflection:
Sleep? good.
Best moment of the week? I planted grass and it is finally growing!
Food cravings? smoked salmon
Looking forward to: painting the nursery!

And now... the entire family will give you the business.

 Prepare yourself.




1 comment:

  1. Aww, I just saw this!! Thanks so much for the love!!! I can't wait for you to meet our little lady and I'm so excited for our babies to meet each other! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete