Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week 28



How far along?  28 weeks and 4 days
Size of Baby? 2.5 lbs?! maybe more... I have no idea anymore.
Maternity clothes?  I am not sure why this would suddenly change. I did learn, however, that normal tights are no joke and will not fit a big ole belly.
Sleep: I made it a whole night last night!! The issue really is that I am a light sleeper, Austin is a guy (and is thus not that quiet when he gets up in the morning), I've always had trouble going back to sleep, I usually wake up and need to pee desperately (at like 6am), and getting comfortable is very tricky and wakes up Mila, who then must stretch her legs and practice her high kicks. All of this means, I am very tired.
Best moment this week: I had an ultrasound this morning and, bummer, my placenta has not moved. Oh well, the good news is that Mila is kicking and growing and looking perfectly healthy. I got to see her face from straight on and got to see her kicking, stretching, and opening and closing her mouth. I seriously cannot wait to meet her!!
Missing anything:  Being able to lie on my stomach, being able to get up easily, and, as it is insanely cold today, being able to zip up my rain jacket.
Movement: YES. She has recently discovered my rib cage and is exploring it thoroughly with her feet. Ouch. We love finding where she is and feeling her push with her butt and head (who knows which is which). She is kicking like crazy as I type this.
 Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary. I don't know if this is normal or not but my appetite really hasn't changed at all. I want Lolitas. Coffee has been smelling really good lately, which is weird as I usually hate the smell, but it might just be because it is a vanilla roast and anything vanilla is good.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope.
Gender: Femme Fatale.
Labor Signs: NO.
Symptoms:  Giant belly, giant boobs, human kicking me from the inside, need to pee all the time, etc.
Belly Button in or out?  It isn't sure anymore--- one day in, one day flat.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Perfectly content.
Looking forward to: I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon and then we are leaving for a Vancouver/Portland road trip on Friday morning. We are taking everything day by day so I am thrilled with every single day that passes without incident. As of this moment, we haven't had a bleed in 5 weeks and I am doing everything in my power to make sure she stays in there as long as possible! Tomorrow I am hoping to find out, if all goes well and there are no unforeseen issues, when we can schedule the c-section in July! We shall see.


Austin’s weekly reflection:
Sleep? Good, wish I could sleep longer but I've gotta GET IT!! (Austin has been getting up at 6 am to go for a long morning run before work)
Best moment of the week? Got some awesome grades and went out for sushi to celebrate! (and frozen yogurt-- which ALWAYS makes Austin happy)
Food cravings? (mumbled something incoherently) No, just the usual.
Looking forward to: Going to Vancouver, seeing the fam, BABY SHOWER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment